Oh Baby! Your Guide to the Perfect Personalized Baby Gifts
The personalized baby gifts market is the segment of the gift industry that focuses on creating customized products for babies and newborns, such as blankets, clothing, toys, keepsakes, and more. This market continues to grow as more consumers seek out personalized and handcrafted items, and if you’re not already in the personalized baby gift market, now is the time you should start thinking about growing your business by offering these types of gifts.
Why you should start offering personalized baby gifts
Personalized baby gifts are great for baby showers, religious milestones, birthdays and more. There are several reasons why entering the personalized baby gifts marketing could be a good idea. With more and more people celebrating a variety of special events for newborns and babies, the demand for personalized baby gifts is increasing. Personalized gifts are becoming more popular as they provide a special touch to a gift and make it more meaningful to the recipient.
Personalized gifts also yield higher profit margins than their non-personalized counterparts. When gifts are personalized for a customer, they usually command a higher overall retail price. This means that you could potentially markup a personalized product by 40% or more just because it’s unique and was created specifically for one person.
By offering personalized baby gifts, you also hold a unique selling proposition and can differentiate yourself from other gift shops and online marketplaces that sell generic gifts. Personalization allows you to offer a product that cannot be easily replicated.
Baby gift ideas for sublimation
Sublimation is a popular printing method that allows for high-quality, full-color designs to be transferred onto various polyester-coated or polyester-blended products. Here are some ideas for personalized sublimation baby gifts that your customers might love:
1. Blankets: A soft, cozy blanket with a custom design is a classic baby gifts that will always be appreciated.
2. Bibs: Customer bibs with a fun design or a cute message can make mealtime more enjoyable for both baby and parent.
3. One-pieces: One-pieces are a staple item in a baby’s wardrobe, and a custom sublimated design can make them even more special.
4. Burp cloths: Personalized burp cloths not only make for a useful gift, but also a creative way to show off a new baby’s name or birth details.
5. Photo frames: A sublimated photo frame with a custom design or message can be a great way to showcase a special moment or memory.
6. Keepsake boxes: A small, decorated box with a custom design can be used to store special items or keepsakes related to the baby.
7. Pillows: A custom sublimated pillow can be a fun and functional addition to a baby’s nursery.
Baby gift ideas for engraving
Laser and rotary engraving are another popular personalization technology. Engraving gives a sleek and classic look to personalized products that is sure to last for years. Here are some possible engraving products to sell as personalized baby gifts.
1. Photo frame: A photo frame is a great way to display a favorite picture of the baby being celebrated. It can be engraved with the baby’s name, birthdate, or a special message.
2. Baby milestone markers: Customers can mark important milestones with engraved markets, such as “first step”, “first word”, and “first birthday”.
3. Keepsake box: Show your customers they can store special items in a personalized keepsake box like a lock of hair, first tooth, or other small mementos.
4. Name sign: A personalized name sign is a perfect way for your customers to decorate their baby’s room.
5. Tote bag: Your customers can keep their baby items in a personalized tote bag that’s perfect for when they're on the go.
Our Baby Products Gift Guide can help!
For more great ideas on what to personalize as baby gifts, head to our Baby Product Guide. This product guide categorizes all of our products on the site that would work as gifts for all things “baby.” All products can also be sorted by whichever technology you use for personalization, such as engraving, sublimation, toner heat transfer, and UV-LED printing. You’ll be able to find the products with the personalization technology that’s right for you!